Prince Harry And Jon Bon Jovi To Team Up For Invictus Games Foundation

They're cooking something

0
149

No, Prince Harry‘s post-Megxit plans do not include a duet with Jon Bon Jovi — but the two are teaming up in the near future.

Next week, the Duke of Sussex — who recently declared his independence with wife Meghan Markle from Britain’s royal family — will join Bon Jovi at Abbey Road Studios in London. The New Jersey rocker will record his single “Unbroken” with the Invictus Games Choir, which will be released in support of Harry’s Invictus Games Foundation, the organization announced Thursday.

On Thursday, the SussexRoyal Instagram teased the forthcoming collaboration, posting a fictional text exchange between Harry, 35, and Bon Jovi, 57.

Prince Harry
Prince Harry

Launched in 2014, The Invictus Games is a multi-sport event for wounded and injured veterans and servicemen and women. The Netherlands will host this year’s games, taking place from May 9 through May 16.

The games will commence about a month after Harry and Meghan, 38, begin their royal-free lives, starting April 1. The couple’s Buckingham Palace office will close on March 31, per the Evening Standard.

Sussex (Without) Royal

As Harry and Meghan continue to navigate their future away from royal obligations, it appears their “SussexRoyal” brand could be in jeopardy. Queen Elizabeth and other senior palace officials are said to be in agreement that the Sussexes can no longer use “royal” as part of their brand, according to the Daily Mail

Jon Bon Jovi
Jon Bon Jovi

“As The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are stepping back as senior Members of the Royal Family and will work towards financial independence, use of the word ‘Royal,’ in this context, needed to be reviewed,” a royal insider previously told Page Six. “Discussions are still ongoing.”

In January, Harry and Meghan stepped down as “senior” members of the royal family. They have been spending time in both Canada and the US.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here