There have been more gaming deals this year for Black Friday than perhaps any other category of tech. If you’re a gamer, that’s obviously a good problem to have, and GameStop’s Black Friday gives you even more to chew on. There are big discounts on games (including a buy-two-get-one deal on pre-owned games), consoles (both pre-owned and new bundles), accessories, such as controllers, and more.
Here are the best deals from GameStop’s Black Friday sale.
- All pre-owned games for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch are buy two, get one free.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare “C.O.D.E. Edition” is $38 on Xbox One starting on Thanksgiving and lasting through Saturday, November 30th. This edition usually costs $59.99.
- Sony PlayStation 4 Pro is $299.99 (usually $399.99). This deal is happening at other retailers, but only at GameStop can you get the 4K-ready console in the “glacier white” color variant shown above. Plus, it comes with a $25 gift card.
- GameStop is, so far, the only retailer to offer any sort of notable deal on the Nintendo Switch Lite, the smaller, portable version of the Switch. Its price will remain $199.99, but it will come with a $25 gift card. (This deal will only be available on the Saturday, November 30th, and Sunday after Black Friday.)
- If you’re looking for an affordable way to pick up an Xbox One (the bigger, original version pictured above to the left) and don’t mind that it’s preowned and refurbished, GameStop is selling them for just $99.99. It might not be able to play 4K Blu-ray discs, but it’s perfectly good at everything else that the slimmed-down Xbox One S can do. If nothing else, it’s a cheap way to get a system that’s able to access Xbox Game Pass.
The Xbox One X is $150 off of its retail price, and GameStop offers the console with its exclusive speckled design (the best design, in my humble opinion) bundled with NBA 2K20 for $349.99.
A few other exclusive deals happening at GameStop may, or may not, make a dent in your (or a loved one’s) wishlist. Nevertheless, it’s worth noting that The Division 2 (PS4, Xbox One) is available for $12 and Anthem (PS4, Xbox One) for $5.
Sony’s PS4 Slim console is $199.99 ($100 off its usual price), and comes bundled with God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition, and The Last of Us Remastered. This deal is available at almost every major retailer.
The Xbox One S 1TB console is bundled with Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order for $199.99 (usually $299.99). Additionally, the All-Digital version of the console is $149.99 (usually $249.99). This, too, will be available from other stores.
- Nintendo Switch (the original launch version without the battery performance gains of the latest iteration) is paired with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe included for $299.99. Plus, it comes with a free $25 gift card. This bundle will also be available at
Best Buy, Walmart, and Target, but the gift card offer is exclusive to GameStop. (This deal is active only on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.)
PS4 controllers are $38.99 ($21 off)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One) is $29.99 at GameStop. This matches Walmart’s Black Friday price.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) is $39.99 at GameStop. Target and Walmart will have it for $10 less, but if they sell out, this is a good route to save some money.